|Product CategoriesOptical Sheet Break and Felt Guide SystemsEs-Trac 1000 Sheet Break DetectorEs-Trac 2000 Felt Guide System|
Es-Trac 1000 Infrared Sheet Break DetectorThe Es-Trac 1000 sheet break detector system is a complete turn-key solution. A compact single probe installation connects optically via a stainless steel braided shielded glass fiber-optic cable to the control cabinet, which supplies a 4-20mA current loop output as well as alarm relay contacts.
Click for larger image
- Continuous and precise monitoring of the web through 4-20mA analog output to your control room ensures no missed breaks
- Flexible installation above and below felts, rolls and open draws
- Does not require daily cleaning or maintenance
- One-sided detection is possible with the short detection distance of 4-6 inches
- Compact sensor head allows installation in tight places
- Fiber-optic measurement ensures that all electrical components are outside the process area
- Fast measuring frequency of 4kHz, based on IR reflection
- Easy to install and use
Operating Principle and System Components
- The Es-Trac 1000 detects the presence or absence of a sheet 4-6 inches from the sensor head by sensing the amount of reflected pulsed infrared light. The infrared amplifier source signal is carried to the sensor head via a glass fiber-optic cable. Reflected light is carried back to the control cabinet along a second fiber optic cable. The difference between the outgoing and incoming signal is used to determine the 4-20mA output signal.
- An isolated signal for a PLC or DCS is supplied, as well as a discrete relay output (120 VAC, 24 VDC, or dry contact). The current sensor signal level is visible on a digital diplay on the door of the control cabinet. Indicator lights for sensor alarm and break alarm are also included on the control cabinet door.
- The break detection system consists of a sensor head complete with extension pipe which is connected via a pair of identical fiber optic cables to an infrared amplifier housed in a Nema-4X stainless steel enclosure.
- The sensor head is mounted to the machine frame using a specially designed clamp. The control cabinet is located outside the machine hood so that no electronics reside in high heat and/or humidity areas.
- The two fiber-optic cables are protected by a Teflon flex hose encased in 1" braided stainless steel sheath. The hose and the two sensor eyes on the sensor head are kept clean with purge air from the control cabinet.
| Modulated infrared light (5 kHz)|
| 4-6 inches from sheet surface|
| 4-20mA current loop / 1-10 VDC|
Discrete relay output (120 vAC / 24 VDC, dry contact)
| 24 VDC, 100-240 VAC|
Fiber-optic cable length
| 10, 23, or 31 feet|
| Stainless Steel|
Maximum operating temperature
| Sensor head: 320°F (160°C)|
Control cabinet: 122°F (50°C)